FOLLOW US. JOIN US. RWDC FACEBOOK
RWDC FY16 RULES
Official Competition Rules & Eligibility Requirements
The following are the rules and eligibility requirements for RWDC participants. To qualify to participate in the National Event each participant and team must meet all criteria and follow all stated rules.
Student Eligibility Requirements
- Participation is limited to students living in OR enrolled in schools located in a state or territory that is hosting a State Competition. Schools are defined to include public, private, charter and home schools.
- To be eligible to compete as a student team member, a student must be currently enrolled in grade nine, ten, eleven or twelve. Students enrolled in school environments with alternative grade or level designations must be engaged in a program of study equivalent to the corresponding high school grade level.
- Student team members must have attained the age of 13 as of November 21, 2016.
- Student team members shall not yet have attained the age of 20 as of November 21, 2016.
- Teams may be organized around extra-curricular organizations such as Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts and science clubs, etc. Teams from extra-curricular organizations are encouraged to participate.
- Student team members may only participate on one team.
- Student team members may not transfer from one team to another.
- Student team members may not be changed after March 13 2017.
- An RWDC team consists of one designated coach and no fewer than three nor greater than seven student members.
- Only those team members identified on the official registration form are considered part of the team.
- Each team may compete in only one state competition and all team members must be permanent residents of that state OR be enrolled in a school located in that state.
- Teams may not have students from more than one state.
- Teams may have students from more than one school.
- One coach may lead multiple teams
- A team coach must be at least 22 years of age by November 21, 2016.
- Coaches may be a teacher or other responsible adult.
- All submissions shall be the original work of the students involved.
- All communications between members of a team and external persons shall be documented using the Windchill collaborative software.
- No team may register after 12:00am local time for the team on November 21, 2016.
- All National Challenge Engineering Design Notebooks and any other work must be submitted by 12:00am local time for the team on April 3, 2017.
- All submissions must conform to the specifications outlined in the Challenge, the RWDC FY16 Coaches/Teachers Guide and the RWDC FY16 State Challenge Scoring Rubric.
- Teams shall only contact mentors through the means and at the times specified by the mentors.
- Only team members registered as of March 13, 2017 will be eligible to travel to the National Event.
- A team can be represented by no fewer than 3 students at the National Event.
- Students will be required to participate in all scheduled activities at the National Event.
- The team coach must accompany the team if the team is selected to attend the National Event in Washington, DC.